Monday, January 21, 2013

So Many Long Vowels...and a Freebie

We are in the process right now of trying to get all the long vowel sounds into our daily language lessons, and it...is...hard! My little firsties have such a difficult time grasping the fact that our English alphabet can have so many sounds and exceptions to the phonics rules. I cannot tell you the number of times when all I've seen looking back at me are confused little faces when trying to talk about "meet" and "meat" or "here" and "hear." I'm making some long vowel posters to display in the classroom to hopefully help my little guys understand what I'm trying to teach them, and I thought I'd share them with you for FREE. I've gotten the long A and long E posters done because that's what we've been working on the past several weeks. I will post the other long vowel posters as I get them created. Big thanks to Jen at Hello Literacy for the fun fonts and backgrounds.


Click the images below for your FREE copy of the Long A & E Vowel Posters.


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I am your newest follower :) I have given you the Liebster award :) Come on over to check it out!

    Lisa
    http://connectingthedotskinder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete