Sunday, February 17, 2013

What We've Been Up to...and a Freebie

My little firsties have been keeping me ultra busy and we slide into the last 80 days of school. Hard to believe...we're actually down to 70 days of school left this year! Now I'm feeling like there's no way I can teach them everything in 70 days. There seems to be so much left to do! Does anyone else feel that way, or is it just me? Here's what we've been up to lately...

We celebrated our 100th day of school on Feb. 1. My little guys LOVED wearing 100 things to school; in fact, that has become the favorite memory of the year so far. We also made this super cute all-over-Pinterest craft with the number 100. My kiddos have such great imagination!




We recently started studying American leaders such as Frederick Douglass, Ben Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson, just to name a few. My students were surprised when I started teaching them about a few great ladies in American history as well. I made up this little assessment, which I'm giving to you for FREE. It covers a few accomplishments of some American leaders, as well as a timeline section. They really enjoyed studying timelines during this unit. You can get it here.


Last week, I had the honor of presenting at the Greenville County International Reading Association's Distinguished Reading Teacher of the Year meeting. Each school nominates a teacher and all those teachers try to put their reading philosophies and practices on display. I use a combination of the Daily 5, CAFE, and Fountas & Pinnell's Guided Reading. Here are a few pictures of my display.




1 comment:

  1. I am using your "Connect to the Character" mini-pack and love it! I thought I followed you officially, but I was wrong! I'm now a follower. :) Thanks for the cute stuff!
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete